Monday, February 14, 2011

Birthday Dinner and Dessert

#3: Grappa.  #4: Marble Slab Creamery.

After walking right by Grappa dozens of times over the years (on College, near Ossington), I finally stepped inside to give it a try.

It's almost as if word had gotten out yesterday that it was my birthday and that I had started this blog!  I had two of the best restaurant service experiences in over 12 years of living in Toronto (check out my previous post about Birthday Breakfast).  This place is a real find and deserves a least one more visit this year.

Later on in the evening, I reconnected with Jason and Robin for dessert at Marble Slab Creamery (Yonge, between Dundas and College).  The shop is a five minute walk from home, which makes it even more amazing to me that I've never stopped in there.  On the other hand, it may well be a very good thing that I haven't.  They sell the richest, tastiest, most decadent ice cream I have EVER had - I may have to keep it limited to an annual treat, for obvious reasons.  Same time next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment