Sunday, February 20, 2011

This Is It!

#5: Film screening of 'This Is It' at The Spoke Club.

Last night, I had the privilege of attending a private screening of Michael Jackson's 'This is It' at the Spoke Club on King West.  My thanks to Eman for the exclusive invite.


This was my first viewing of the film, and my first viewing of any film at the club.  The screening room itself was a great little venue...very comfortable seating and excellent visuals and audio.  The soundproofing was impressive, considering the 1980's-metal retro birthday party going on directly overhead.  Styles were clashing!

It was amazing to hear about the impact MJ had on other people's lives...including a couple of screening attendees, not to mention the musicians and dancers in the documentary.  I've never been the world's biggest MJ fan, but when I thought of my favourite musicians/artists and how their music continues to inspire me, I could totally relate to what was being said about The King of Pop.

1 comment:

  1. Fun night! Glad you could be there Nigel. And looks like you are mastering the art of taking photos of yourself with others. Like me!

    ReplyDelete